Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Love Steve Ditko

I'm going to take a break from my babbling today to simply share with you some of the artwork of the fantastic Steve Ditko. Steve Ditko is a remarkable man and I strongly recommend watching the documentary Jonathon Ross made about him. It's on youtube and part one is below:



That's just part one. I won't link the rest as I'm sure you can find them for yourselves if you're interested. In short, nobody draws drama like Ditko. He created Spider-man along with Stan Lee. He created the look not only of the costume and characters but also the drama and dynamic which led to its success. Below I'm going to link some covers and just a few panels I managed to find online from the remarkable Steve Ditko.








1 comment:

  1. I love older comic art. I want to get a giant poster of some of Ditko's art on my wall. The Amazing Spiderman is amazing.. hehe.

    I'm still alive by the way ;) *power ranger hug*

    ReplyDelete